Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Day 33: EA Active Powers Activate!

So, I think I do my worst eating during the weekend because I know I will have the whole week to fix it. I celebrated my Friday weight loss with copious amounts of sushi (not necessarily bad) and went to a birthday party where there were ice cream and snacks (yeah bad).

On Monday, I was pleased to discover that EA Active was on sale at Target. Not only have I heard that this is all around a better workout than Wii Fit, now I had no reason not to get it. I also bought some weighted gloves and some Slim Fast (to satisfy any chocolate cravings I have and to give myself a breakfast I always seem to miss).


I tried out the game for the first time tonight and it is awesome. I only had about an hour set aside to work out and I decided to customize my workout with only sports-related activities. I looked at basketball and boxing. Basketball was fun; I did all the activities (passing, shooting) related to it for 10-15 minutes.) With the weighted gloves, boxing gave me much more of a workout than I expected. I'm certain I burned more calories than it told me and I worked out for another 20 minutes. I was wiped OUT by the end of it. And, of course, I felt great. I was getting a decent workout at home!

Nintendo: You are fantastic. Kudos to you for getting people off their asses. I'm looking forward to many more workouts in the coming days, weeks and months and I'm hoping I can burn enough calories to ensure a bit more weight loss this week.

Neil

2 comments:

shesteiny said...

Don't feel bad about ice cream, Neil! You can lose weight eating ice cream every single day, you just have to keep active and only eat a little bit. You got it, grrrrrrrrrl. I mean Neeeeeeeeeeeil.

Lacy said...

I also use this thing in my weight management quest. I dig the 30-day-challenge thing, although I fell off of it when I got sick.
Also I miss the body tests, even though they make me a little manic.
I like your blog a lot! Good job writing about something that could be totally cringe-inducing but actually making it inspirational.