Sunday, February 07, 2010

Day 38: Another Long Walk Day

So I saw the hilarious services of the Best Church of God today. I even got pulled up on stage to be fixed up with one of the congregation for Valentines Day. Pearl and I had a very romantic date during communion.

Afterwards I had breakfast for a late lunch with a few friends. I remember seeing that old "Family Guy" again recently where Stewie becomes addicted to pancakes and that made me remember how much I missed pancakes. So I had two along with two eggs scrambled and some bread. Not too bad, but it prompted me to decide to walk home. It was a nice and sunny Winter day, so I seized the day.

Click on the map to see the details.
 
Now, according to walkjogrun.net, a great website that tells you how many miles you've gone,  I also burned 824 calories walking 4.55 miles. I have a hard time believing this since I didn't even break a sweat. I would think that this is just if I had ran, but I put in my pace and time too. So... who knows? If I burned that much, great. If not, it was a nice walk and I hope I at least burned the pancakes off.

It's supposed to blizzard tomorrow, but I kind of want to go for a walk around Bucktown. I love that old neighborhood and the history that's still around! We'll see. I'm due for another Wii day too.

Neil

PS- I got a lot of great comments this weekend on how people are reading my blog! Thanks so much you guys!! Mimi, Jenny, everyone, thanks. It really means a lot!

1 comment:

Tart Deco said...

A lot of the calories depend on incline of the route you took. You'd be surprised how much a tiny incline can make a difference!

2 weeks in a row for me of staying at the same weight :( To be honest, I haven't really tried that hard to lose the 3 pds I did lose, so I guess I gotta step it up now. Turbo Jam, here I come!