Friday, February 12, 2010

Day 43: The Weigh In - Week 6

I had to retro date this. It was a very busy night last night and I only had time to weigh myself between work and dinner. I stuffed myself with sushi and went to see The Room last night at the Music Box with friends and got the legendary Tommy Wiseau's autograph!

This was my first week (since that first week this year) where I was sure that I had lost weight. Of course, that would mean I actually didn't. Still, I went down a notch on my belt and my pants still didn't feel too tight, so surely I lost something, right?

STARTING WEIGHT (1/1): 254.
CURRENT WEIGHT (2/12): 236.
Weight loss this week: 3 lb.
Total weight loss: 18 lb.

I followed the cycle that has been occuring the past month or so where I lose a 1-2 pounds one week and 3-4 pounds the next and back and forth. I'm very happy with this rate and currently seem right about on course to meet my goal, expecting, of course, to have some real difficulty getting off those final 20 pounds or so.

Some people have noticed I've looked a bit thinner, but its still not obvious (at least to me). Looking at pictures of me 3-4 years ago (when I was around 225) I don't I look too much different (except more hair). I do however look pretty different in photos from around 6 years ago when I was in the 215 range. So I have another couple of months to go yet before I start actually seeing real noticeable change, where I believe people will actually ask me, "Have you lost weight?"

By May, I could weigh the least I have been in about 15 years.
By July, I could weigh the least I ever have in my adult life.

It's very exciting.

Neil

1 comment:

Guy said...

Awesome!!!!