Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 49: Taking The Subway


So, I really like Subway. I didn't think I would. I thought it would get old, but it turns out, it's something I really look forward to after work on most days. People get down on the place sometimes, but eff that! It's actually a decent meal and it's way better than cramming your face at a McDonald's or Wendy's.

I almost always get the same meal when I go there: the 6" black forest ham on wheat (with honey mustard sauce), baked Lays chips and a medium Diet Coke. Total calorie count is about 450. It's the second best thing you can get at Subway behind a pile of veggies on bread and it's conveniently my favorite!

I have actually been toying around with going to every Subway in Chicago. I thought maybe I could review them, actually, but then I realized how stupid that was, since most are the essentially the same. That's actually what they set out to do. However, there have been things that set some apart from others.

I am in the process of creating a Google Map of all the Subways to which I have been. I know this is something you're all dying to know but it is not as easy as it seems.

Unfortunately, I've only been twice this week. The other days I've been out socializing like some young punk kid and not eating the best (but portioning! portioning!). We'll see if it comes back to bite me on my weigh-in tomorrow night. Nervous as always!

Til then,
Neil

4 comments:

Julie B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie B said...

that first post didn't work like i wanted it to. GO NEIL!

Tart Deco said...

Actually, I bet people would like to know about the customer service at the different subways. I know there is a huge difference here in Milwaukee and I will go out of my way to go to one (or ANY chain restaurant really) that has good customer service.

Chip said...

I've found that some places have fresher bread and some are cheapskates that don't want to waste older stuff. So they serve you stale/crunchy bread. Boo on the Subway on Ashland just north of Diversey!