Friday, February 19, 2010

Day 50: The Weigh In - Week 7

As I mentioned yesterday, this week was not great. I portioned but I feel like I still ate bad stuff. I got ice cream, but it was just the 100 calorie bars. But I ate them all. We had a sausage luncheon at work on Thursday and I limited myself to one sausage, but I had some mini cupcakes, too. I feel like I'm slipping little by little each week so I've got to watch out.

However, knowing these foods were entering my body, I did exercise more this week too. I worked my lower body and the lunges killed my legs. It felt like I never walked before for a few days. I stretched beforehand but I think my leg muscles were just not used to it. It'll be all the easier next time I guess.

STARTING WEIGHT (1/1): 254.
CURRENT WEIGHT (2/19): 235.
Weight loss this week: 1 lb.
Total weight loss: 19 lb.

And I think I barely lost that pound. I could see the scale feeling sorry for me and throwing me a bone. I am glad that I lost a pound rather than nothing or - gasp - gaining a pound. That's the worst and I know it's probably going to happen some point once some of this fat turns to muscle.

I've lost the majority of the weight I put on after I moved to Chicago. That's great. And for those of you who are wondering, this is how the chart looks now. I think I'm still on course.

 

Til whenever,
Neil

3 comments:

shesteiny said...

It's OK neil! You're still doing great. You lose weight the quickest in the first couple of weeks. It's possible you actually need to ADD some calories to your diet (believe it or not, it's true!), but try writing down everything you're eating to gage that :) I'm so proud of you!

jonathan said...

yeah man! you're on track! don't let this week or that one pound getcha. remember it's a long term project. and that line is still headed in the right direction! proud of you man. and let's do lunch soon. j

M said...

WTG! I still have 15 lbs to go to lose the weight I gained since moving to Chicago. :\