Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 75: I've Been Here Before

So, because I like to reminisce, I decided to look at my LiveJournal a few weeks back.

There were a lot of things in there that I had forgotten about. (I have the memory of an ant when it comes to some things.) Some of these memories were good; some bad. I was a whiny bitch sometimes and I definitely used that LJ to vent.

There was one fact that I came across that I had totally forgotten about. On November 23rd, 2006, I listed things I was thankful about, including:

"I've lost a total of 20 pounds since I've lived here."

I had totally forgotten that when I first moved to Chicago, I had lost twenty pounds in the first two months I lived here. (Sound familiar?)

How? Well, I had a job that I was on my feet eight hours a day. And then I was also going to rehearsal and was on my feet that much longer. I definitely didn't change my diet. So, of course, when I got the job in the office a month after I did this entry, I eventually gained that weight back pretty quickly.

Now, unfortunately, I can't find anything where I mention how much I weighed before and after the weight loss. I did complain months earlier that I was at the most I had ever weighed, but I was less open about my weight back then than I am now. I keep getting 220 in my mind, but I thought I weighed 250 when I moved to Chicago.

At any rate, I have been down this road before and I've already passed my original Chicago weight loss. Most Chicago folks don't remember it because I gained this weight back within the first few months of meeting them. This time it's different, though. It's pretty impressive to me that I am able to maintain an office job where I sit on my ass everyday and still managed to lose more weight this year than I did being on my feet eight hours a day.

Imagine if I had a job where I didn't sit on my ass anymore.

Neil

2 comments:

Tart Deco said...

I know that when you and I talked about a possible weight loss competition at the end of 2008 you mentioned that you weighed somewhere around 230ish. Hope that helps!

Neil said...

End of 2008 or 2006? I think I weighed 250 at the end of 2008.