Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 102: I Got Me A Bike!

So, I get a furlough day this week, so I can actually catch up with stuff that I've been lagging on. Hopefully.

As I mentioned in the previous entry, I made a purchase yesterday that will have a great affect on my weight loss this spring and summer, and that is that I bought a BIKE! I managed to find a spectacular deal on Craigslist. I bought this bike for $100. The only issue, at least that I've been told of/noticed so far, is the seat needs to be fixed. The guy bought it brand new last year and barely used it and basically was just trying to get rid of it because it was taking up space. He said he should've asked for more after all the responses he got but he said I was the only one he replied to because I just sounded the most interested; lucky me! (I hope.) I hope this bike wasn't stolen, but the dude had a kid and seemed like a decent chap, so I have my doubts.
Anyway, I'm very excited about this. My own bike was stolen just over a year ago and I missed all the fun last summer. Riding your bike in the city is not always a fun ride but at least I get to see more of it. It came with a U-lock too, but I think I'm always going to be paranoid it's going to be stolen. This city has a terrible reputation when it comes to stolen bikes. Almost every one of my friends have had their bike(s) stolen here in the three and a half years I've lived here.

Anyway, anyone wanna bike the Drive with me? Any braver souls wanna ride nekkid?

Neil

1 comment:

M said...

I not only got my bike stolen but I got it stolen from INSIDE a CTA station. With a U-lock on it.

When I asked the station booth worker if there were any kind of security videos taken inside the station, they were the picture of stupid.

Anyway, it made me a little paranoid about my bike after that. So now I have not only a U-lock, but also a Kryptonite New York Fahgettaboudit chain lock. Thing weighs like 20 lbs so I figure it just adds to my bike workout.