Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 105: My First Big Bike Trip

I took my first big bike trip on my Marin tonight! It was the best evening of the year so far, so I simply could not pass up the opportunity. Unfortunately, I got home a little later than I wanted so I just grabbed my bike and headed out. I need to plan out my trip better next time, as Chicago actually does have designated bike routes. Luckily, I was still able to bike on most streets without much of a problem, even if they didn't have a path.



I rode all the way down to Navy Pier and back to Lincoln Square. I took about a 15-20 minute rest near the lakefront for "Neil time." It's hard to resist such an amazing night at the lakefront and I'm a little upset I haven't gone down to the lake more often in my 3 1/2 years of living in Chicago. All in all, it took about an hour and a half round trip and this site calculated I burned just over 900 calories tonight.

In weight loss news, I am not happy with the little snacking I've been doing nor with the lunches I "prepared" for myself this week (Lean Cuisine). I'm taking a little cue from my friend Rachel and making sure I'm cutting out High Fructose Corn Syrup; I haven't had much anyway but none is better than some. I also must make sure I cook something up to eat over the entire week. I'd rather have fresh cooked meat than frozen microwavable meals. After this week, I am also cutting out cereal. (I have been having bananas for breakfast, but I still buy cereals to snack on at home.)

I am taking careful steps to make sure I don't gain any weight this week and I suspect I'll only lose a pound. I'm not sure I mentioned earlier, but my goal for these next hundred days is 20 pounds. I am actually about 10 pounds away from my lowest adult weight ever. Sooooo close but soooo far.

So, yeah. 204 pounds by July 19. Let's do this!!

Neil

No comments: