Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day 114: The Weigh-In: Week 16

Again with the time-management skills. This week was honestly a blur. I did make some time to ride my bike, but the weather left much to be desired. A decent amount of sun during the weekday but chilly! And this weekend was allllllll wet. Such is Chicago in April, I suppose. I had Thursday off but kinda took time to relax and reflect as it was the anniversary of a good friend's untimely passing.

I didn't do much on Saturday, but for some reason, still did not blog. At any rate, here were the results...

STARTING WEIGHT (1/1): 254.
CURRENT WEIGHT (4/24): 220.
Weight loss this week: 2 lb.
Total weight loss: 34 lb.

I am nearing the peak point of when I last lost a lot of weight. I'm not sure exactly how much it was, but I'm thinking it was around 213 lbs. Which means, of course, it's only going to get harder from here. I believe the last time I hit that weight, I was doing that South Beach Diet about six or seven years ago. Of course, that didn't last and eventually I came back to bread, my true love.

The key to this weight loss regimen for me is that I have not completely eliminated some treats, I have just limited them. If I do eat like crap - and trust me, I still do at times - I tend to limit it to once a day or one day a week. Knowing I can allow myself to do that will usually get me through the week of eating well and portioning out meals.

I saw an old acquaintance Michelle at my friend Sarah's birthday party on Saturday night and hardly recognized her! She's been kicking ass on her own weight-loss regimen and I must say it sounds like she's earning every bit she loses. Go, Michelle!

I can't believe it's already almost the end of April. What... the hell.

Neil

1 comment:

Jake VanKersen said...

Yeah, last week had terrible bike riding weather. I'm trying to lose some lbs and part of my plan involves riding to and from Zacuto, about 9 miles.

Obviously, I just found out about this blog but I think it's pretty cool, man. Keep on Rockin'