Saturday, May 01, 2010

Day 121: The Weigh-In: Week 17

Here we are in May. It's officially 4 months into the weight-loss routine and I keep trucking. The blogging has been suffering as of late. I'm not sure if that's my sub-conscious at work or not. I believe I mentioned this recently SOMEwhere, but I tend to drop some habits after a while. This is how I usually end up quitting diets, but I'm too far now to even consider that. :-)

It has been a very busy week for me. I've been working on updating the LA Comedy Fest website, which kept me up until 3am one night. I've also been working on videos and the website for the lovely and talented Katydids, which should be everyone's favorite improv team. Earlier last week, I almost felt buried by the work, but most of it is now done and, somehow, my outlook has almost completely reversed.

Luckily, it didn't affect my routine either, which I'm continuing focusing on...

STARTING WEIGHT (1/1): 254.
CURRENT WEIGHT (5/1): 219.
Weight loss this week: 1 lb.
Total weight loss: 35 lb.


Protein has been moved up in my diet priority this past week. I am now more focusing on building some muscle... which should also be a challenge with my weight loss. But I guess it's all part of the game, isn't it. I'm also trying to cut out cereals by the end of this week.

But yeah, 35 pounds in 4 months is pretty great. Seven more pounds until my lowest adult weight ever. I was talking about this with my boss on Friday and he was saying when I hit 5 pounds I should go "intense" to see how much I can lose in a week (healthily!!) Like, bike everywhere, workout morning, noon and night, etc. This is what I intend to do. I got a little emotional talking about it with the boss. Should be epic when that milestone happens.

Until then, I have a callback on Monday, which I should get back to working on. Totally nervous and jazzed about it. Wish me leg-breaking and stay tuned.

Neil

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Neil! Great to hear that you are still losing weight- like I said the other day, you look great. Be wary of cutting out all fortified cereals. After discovering that I am iron deficient, I realize now that eating fortified Multi-Grain Cheerios and the like provide us with lots of vitamin essentials we can't really get elsewhere. Just something to think about!

Neil said...

Good thinking! I got Honey Nut Cheerios tonight. My dad always has that for his cholesterol.