Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 132: Chicago is Weathering Me

April showers bring May flowers. April showers do not bring colder, wetter May showers.

This week started out phenomenally. It was actually an amazing weekend. I got my all of my old friends from college together for the first time in 7 years. It really... really made me miss doing plays and musicals. I mean, I'm still performing and all that, but there's something really rewarding when you perform one character for a couple of hours a night. Once Apes ends, I think I'm going to start auditioning for some plays. And only dramas or serio-comedies.

I got a lot of great compliments from everyone this weekend, but they actually have seen me at this weight before. I was around this weight when I performed in A Streetcar Named Desire in the Spring of 2003. (You can even see how I looked in this video I made during the run of the show.) And the one down-side of this weekend was that I ate a lot of crappy food. We almost set out to eat badly because we were all having such a good time.

On top of that, the weather has absolutely sucked this week. I only biked one night this week (Monday) and, for some reason (maybe just that), I have been really tired... too tired to do much of anything. I have been sleeping on the way to work and the way back. I stayed out later than I should have last night. I just have not been taking care of myself this week! What it comes down to is this: when the weather is crappy, I'm crappy.

So, I do think this week is headed for a setback. I'm going to try and keep balancing exercise and eating the rest of the week, but I just feel heavier now. My jeans feel tighter. I really need to get new clothes; these big shirts really do make me feel like a mess. Shopping trip this weekend.

Figures, since I'm so close to my lowest adult weight ever, that I would have a week that would set me back; I guess we'll wait and see on Saturday. Anyway, I'm going to bed. I should've been in bed hours ago. Keep your fingers crossed.

Neil

No comments: