Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 135: The Weigh-In: Week 19

So, as I mentioned earlier this week, I really thought I was going to gain weight this week. In fact, I was more than ready to prepare to just throw in the towel and expect a weight gain this morning. Doughnuts were brought into work yesterday and I had one.

However, I still thought there might be hope and so I made a last ditch effort and biked like hell last night. It was a little chilly but skies were clear. I watched the sun set behind the buildings down by the lake. I had a sensible dinner.

When I woke up this morning, I was like, "Okay, I can deal with a 1 or 2 pound gain. No more please..."


STARTING WEIGHT (1/1): 254.
CURRENT WEIGHT (5/15): 217.
Weight loss this week: 0 lb.
Total weight loss: 37 lb.


SOMEhow, I managed to avoid any weight gain this week, which is a great relief. I would much rather not lose any weight than actually gain. Gaining anything would set me back a week or two, which really isn't worth the risk.

I'm biking everywhere this weekend. If I have to go somewhere not within walking distance, I'm biking. I went to a Cubs game today and ate and drank half of what I did the last time I went. Looking at the weather, unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's going to improve until later in the week, but I don't trust that anyway. Only yesterday they said "partly cloudy with a high in the mid-60s" for today and it ended up being completely overcast with highs in the mid-50s.

I won't let the weather bring me down this week, dammit. Let's get back to losing weight up in here!!

Peace,
Neil

PS-- Isn't it nice that I actually made time for my blog entry today?

No comments: