Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 142: The Weigh-In: Week 20

After last week's scare, this week was pretty much a breeze, just wondering if I was going to lose one pound or two. Or so I thought.

STARTING WEIGHT (1/1): 254.
CURRENT WEIGHT (5/22): 218.
Weight loss this week: 0 (+1 lb.)
Total weight loss: 36 lb.

YIKES. After the week I had last week, I really did not expect to gain weight. I was dumbfounded initially, but now I think I know what happened. 

So, I am no longer allowed to have snacks. Correction! I am no longer allowed to have any tasty snacks, at least for the time being. On two occasions... THREE occasions this week I have over-indulged on snacks. Keep in mind: I usually avoid buying snacks for this reason and this just affirms my concern.

I bought yogurt-covered raisins over the weekend. They were gone in days. I bought some mixed nuts. After I finished half a canister in a night, I threw them away. I bought some almond clusters this morning - mistaking them for actual almonds but they are, in fact, almonds chopped up and held together with something sugary - and the bag was gone in a day.

I never buy 100 calorie packs of anything because I know I will finish the box in a few nights, so back to buying fruits and veggies for snacks. It's hard to overindulge on those things and I wouldn't feel guilty about it if I did.

So I still have six pounds to go until I hit that elusive Lowest Adult Weight Ever.

Do me right, summer,
Neil

No comments: