Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 170: The Weigh-In: Week 24

Major backdating on this entry, but it was a very hectic weekend. Of course, the first thing I did was to weigh in on Saturday morning.

STARTING WEIGHT (1/1): 254.
CURRENT WEIGHT (6/19): 212.
Weight loss this week: 2
Total weight loss: 42 lb.

I think I'm not going to get overly excited until I hit 209. It was another one of those "best-of" weigh ins, where the scale said 214 when I first got on, but every time I tried it again it said 212.8. So... I was going to make a very nice video entry for 212, but I'm saving it for 209, which I should hit in a week or two at this current rate.

I feel I am almost at the point where I don't have to tell myself anymore not to eat poorly. Like, most of the time I feel pretty full. There are some times when I snack a little too much, but I've also learned not to buy crappy salty snacks. I'm still always looking at calories. Fat and sodium too.

When I biked to the Old Town neighborhood earlier this week (about 12 miles round trip), I thought about when I first moved to Chicago almost four years ago. I thought about all those shows and rehearsals where I drove my car and wasted all that time looking for a parking spot. I spent all that money on parking when I couldn't find a spot. It was a little depressing, but it also felt pretty great knowing that I can't really picture going back to that at this point in my life.

I wonder how I'm going to do in Winter when its too cold to bike...

Neil

No comments: