Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 177: The Weigh-In: Week 25

There was some trepidation to weigh-in this week. I thought I might not have lost any weight or maybe even gained a pound. I didn't get to bike as much this week because of the storms, but I still got in what I am going to try to make my standard once-a-week bike-to-work, which is about 20-miles round trip.

STARTING WEIGHT (1/1): 254.
CURRENT WEIGHT (6/26): 211.
Weight loss this week: 1
Total weight loss: 43 lb.

I still managed to lose a pound! I'm only 7 pounds away from reaching my next goal of 204 pounds on July 17th. It's going to be very close at this rate, but if I hit this goal, it would mean I am exactly on target to reach my target weight of 180 on December 31st.

These intense summer storms have been awesome and I'm not looking forward to their demise this season. After my Apes show on Monday, I was fortunate enough to be caught in one of these storms on my bike. I say fortunate because I've come to discover that there is little I've experienced that's more exciting than biking through the city during a severe thunderstorm. The lightning bursts, the huge thunder, the heavy rain, the traffic. Yes, it's dangerous, but it was awesome and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Mind you, I only did this because I knew I was going straight home. I was soaked with rain and, by the time I got home, I felt like I had just been through one a ride at a water park but I was completely clothed. No one wants to go anywhere else but home after going through a severe thunderstorm.

If you want a real thrill, I highly encourage biking through a thunderstorm at night. Keep in mind: It is pretty dangerous. Lots of big puddles, very wet, be alert to traffic and be safe. Also, make sure when you get home that you keep warm afterward and drink plenty of Vitamin C to make sure you don't get sick.

No comments: