Saturday, July 03, 2010

Day 184: The Weigh-In: Week 26

Barbeque season is definitely upon us. Last weekend's feasting antics spread into the week, but I managed to curb it around the middle of the week.

STARTING WEIGHT (1/1): 254.
CURRENT WEIGHT (7/3): 210.
Weight loss this week: 1
Total weight loss: 44 lb.

Still keepin' it up! I don't think it has completely sunk in yet that I'm the lightest I've been in my adult life. Maybe I have to lose a few more pounds? I dunno. Soon, though. Very exciting.

I joined dailymile this week. I am not good at logging anything in general, so we'll see if this lasts. So far, I really like it. It seems more accurate and easier to use than walkjogrun. However, I tried using livestrong earlier this year and I just couldn't keep up, but I think that's because I just needed to constantly be updating that.

At any rate, I biked to work twice this week (first time for that) so my numbers are already high for this month already (47 miles in two days). I do like that I get to work faster by biking, but I really am quite pooped by the time I get there that it just takes a while for me to function. I think I'm going to try to bike to work whenever I can, since a round trip really does burn a lot of calories (about 1600/day).

Today, we shot the last scene of episode one of "Hank Frisco," which required me to eat Oreo Snack Cakes. We had to do multiple takes, so I ended up eating, like, 7 of these things. And boy, did my stomach not like them after a while. I never thought I'd get sick of chocolate, but there you are.

We're already past halfway through the year (June 17) but I am already past halfway through my goal. Whether I'll hit 204 pounds by July 17th is still up in the air. At this rate (2 weeks away), not a chance (3 pounds a week?), but I'll be close. I honestly think if I just make a few adjustments in my diet, I could pull it off, but I don't want to do anything drastic. Who knows? If I bike to work every day, I still could hit it.

Neil

2 comments:

Manton said...

Neil, you're a rockstar. Seriously, awesome job!

Chris Othic said...

Don't they have that bucket that you can spit the snack cakes into? Gross but so is eating 7 snack cakes!