Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 198: The Weigh-In: Week 28

I'm a little sad I haven't been blogging more than once a week, but being a contestant in Impress These Apes really takes up a lot of your brain space during the week. Sadly and thankfully, the show closes on July 26th. I'm currently tied for 3rd place! Come see the show if you haven't already and get your tickets now because we will sell out the final weeks.

Anyway, I really pushed it this week. Three months ago, after my first big bike trip, I set a goal to hit 204 in a hundred days. I had a particularly rough section in May/June where I kept gaining back the weight I lost and, for a while, it felt like I wasn't going to lose any more weight. But then I got back on the horse and started to lose weight again. I knew I wasn't going to hit the goal but I wanted to see how close I could get.

STARTING WEIGHT (1/1): 254.
CURRENT WEIGHT (7/17): 208.
Weight loss this week: 2
Total weight loss: 46 lb.

I really stepped it up this week. According to dailymile, I rode 67 miles on my bike since Tuesday. Since a lot of my travels were to places away from home, I went to Subway a lot more. (I really should get them to sponsor me in something.) I was worried when I woke up this morning because I could feel that I definitely have gained muscle from my riding. This is good, but it would also mean I may not have lost weight. It's so difficult balancing that out.


Being four pounds off from my goal is really not bad. I still lost sixteen pounds in 100 days and I'm the lightest I've been as an adult. I've actually had a difficult time grasping this thought. It hasn't really hit me yet, so I think either when I hit 199 lbs or when I hit 50 lbs weight loss or something, I'll post something really nice.

About five or six years ago, I got to be around this weight and thought I couldn't lose any more I guess (?) so I just slowly gained it all back. Here I am, back where I was before, and I feel like I've given myself another chance to really see what I can do.

I have lost 46 pounds this year. I am 28 pounds away from my goal, which I have to reach in 167 days. It seems easy, right? However, of course, most of my weight was lost early on.



I lost 30 pounds by Day 100. I lost 16 pounds more by Day 198. So, in order to stay on target, my next goal is 20 pounds more by October 30 (Day 303). This would put me at 188 pounds. This would also give me 62 days to lose my last ten pounds.

I'm just going to keep trying. I'm not going to take any drastic, unhealthy measures to reach these goals. Like this time, if I don't reach them, I just don't reach them.

I will just keep trying.

Neil

No comments: