Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day 205: The Weigh-In: Week 29

It was the final weekend of "Impress these Apes" so I didn't update this on Saturday. However, I was really excited to get on the scale because I biked just over 80 miles Monday thru Thursday. And I just plain felt thinner.

STARTING WEIGHT (1/1): 254.
CURRENT WEIGHT (7/24): 209.
Weight loss this week: 0 (+1)
Total weight loss: 45 lb.

No way! However, I know for certain it's muscle gain. I didn't even eat poorly the entire week despite the gain in exercise. So, I gotta deal with that happening if I keep this routine up.

The rain through the rest of the weekend and just plain exhaustion kept me from reaching 100 miles biked in one week, but I think its very achievable. It was SO HOT and my work does not even have air conditioning; I can't believe that I actually biked as much as I did.

I'm taking it easy the week of the 26th but will try again the following week.

Holla,
Neil

1 comment:

Tart Deco™ said...

Hey boy! I'm going to open up a can of worms with this one fo shizzle- you will drive yourself bonkers if you try to equate losing weight directly to working out, especially cardio. Most nutritionists and fitness experts concur that the way to really lose weight is through caloric cutbacks. While working out will help with that (roughly 3500 calories in a pound so if you workout enough to burn that you will lose it). You'd have to consistently work out hours a day to lose the same amount as just cutting out a few cans of soda. Plus, working out tends to increase your appetite and it is so easy to justify eating just a bit more since you just worked out. It's kind of a nutty circle!

You may know this, but just in case you didn't (like I didn't for too, too long) I thought I would throw it your way so you don't get too frustrated wondering why you are working out like a madman and have reached a plateau. Once I found this out I paid more attention to my eating and used the work outs for toning and not weight loss. That was when I dropped 40 lbs in 7 months.

Oh, I don't do that now. I'm too lazy right now. I'm not kick-ass like you ;) But soon...