Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 233: The Weigh-In: Week 33

My major biking goal this week was 100 miles. I started out on-track but decided to take a small break on Wednesday so I wasn't burned out by Friday (which is what happened last time). Because of that, however, I needed to make up the time so I ended up biking a lot more on Thursday and Friday. Nothing beats hitting a major goal at the end of a work week.

Of course, I figured there would be muscle gain this week (as there had been on other major biking weeks) so I didn't expect much of a weight loss, if at all.

STARTING WEIGHT (1/1): 254.
CURRENT WEIGHT (8/21): 204.
Weight loss this week: 2
Total weight loss: 50 lb.

So, with this hitting of the big 5-0, I made it to two major goals this week. I definitely felt thinner by Saturday morning so I'm glad I actually was. Being under 200 pounds is right around the corner and, when that happens, hoo boy I'm gonna be a wreck.

As my next major biking goal, I actually tossed around the idea of biking out to Woodstock some weekend. Woodstock is 50 miles from Chicago. Right now, the longest I've biked on public streets is just over 17 miles and the most in one day was 28 miles. The longest I biked ever was the Bike the Drive event, which was 30 miles. I'm pretty sure I could do it, but I'm not sure I'll do it this summer. Stay tuned.

Neil

No comments: