Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day 240: The Weigh-In: Week 34

STARTING WEIGHT (1/1): 254.
CURRENT WEIGHT (8/28): 204.
Weight loss this week: 0
Total weight loss: 50 lb.

I'd much rather not lose any weight than gain weight, so not a bad week. I cut down on the biking, but still managed 67 miles.

This was my last week in the neighborhood I've lived in for the last four years and the only one I've called home since I've moved to Chicago. It's not a far move: just one neighborhood over to Albany Park. However, the move does affect my biking trips to work. What's annoying is how I'll be biking to work. I'll now be going east, then south, then west instead of going south and west the entire time. The neighborhoods get pretty bad directly south between this apartment and work so I have to avoid them. The distance is the same though, really, regardless of the fact that I'm starting from a different point.

It should be interesting seeing how my workout changes, if it does, during this transitional point. I'm in a temporary apartment(s?) until the bank finally closes the sale on Steiny's house so most of my stuff is packed away in storage, making me feel mostly not at home. But we will see, I suppose.

Neil

2 comments:

Tart Deco™ said...

If you want a good work out go on through that bad neighborhood. It'll motivate you to pedal FASTER.

Neil said...

I'm way ahead of you.