Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 254: The Weigh-In: Week 36

STARTING WEIGHT (1/1): 254.
CURRENT WEIGHT (9/11): 202.
Weight loss this week: 0
Total weight loss: 52 lb.

No weight loss but no weight gain, so overall it's pretty positive. I started riding my bike again this week. I got in 43 miles total this week but I didn't really change my diet.

I've begun a semi-regular routine of a couple of slices of toast for breakfast, two sandwiches for lunch, usually one turkey and one ham, and then Subway for dinner. Sometimes breakfast or dinner will change, but lunch is generally the same. Surprisingly, I've really fell into this routine and am enjoying it quite a bit. I've been doing it for about two weeks now and I'm not really sure when I'll get tired of it. I really look forward to each meal.

Now I know what you may be thinking: That's a lot of bread. And yes, it is. But despite what Atkins and South Beach claim, bread is actually good for you. I've been downing Subway a lot in the past 9 months and I would say the results have been damn good. Delicious, even.

My lunches have been so cheap, too! One tip for the sandwich makers is to try and get them loaves of bread that don't have the corn syrup. It surprised me that that jerk made its way into bread! You're supposed to be in junk food, corn syrup. Jerk.

Next Monday is my birthday. Would be nice to hit 199 as a nice present but I haven't lost 3 pounds in a week since the early days this year. Plus, I'm due for a weight gain in the cycle, I think. We'll see what happens.

Neil

No comments: