Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day 261 & 268: The Weigh-In: Week 37 & 38

I think I may be at that point when bloggers just forget to blog or don't make time for it. This may be related to my current situation, which I will address further down the post below.

STARTING WEIGHT (1/1): 254.
CURRENT WEIGHT (9/18): 202.
Weight loss this week: 0
Total weight loss: 52 lb.

So last week was my third weekend at 202, which was not very surprising as I really haven't changed my diet too much, nor have I really been exercising. See, right now, I'm currently in what I would call a "holding pattern." I am in-between living situations where I was in an apartment and I will soon be living in a house with two dudes who have beards.

But, in the meantime, I'm in a temporary apartment with my friend Mary. She's been great but I just haven't felt settled in this time, probably because I know I'll be moving again soon. It could be as soon as 3-5 weeks. So, I haven't updated a lot of my mail, etc. (I get most of my bills done electronically anyway). Anyway, my life has been based on getting into routines in the past 9 months and it's been hard trying to adjust some of them when I know I'm just in a temporary place.

Regardless, I went to my friend Adam and Jenn's wedding last weekend and saw a lot of people I haven't seen in 50 pounds. People were very nice and it was great seeing everyone. It was really amazing to think that I've known a lot of those people for well over eight years and none of them had seen me this thin. Hell, I've never seen me this thin, which is another reason why I've probably slowed down my routines.

It feels like I've already reached my goal because I've never been this thin. But I know I can do better. This week I thought it would be more of the same.
 
STARTING WEIGHT (1/1): 254.
CURRENT WEIGHT (9/25): 200.
Weight loss this week: 2
Total weight loss: 54 lb.

Turns out, not so much. This is so exciting, you guys. Right on the vergey verge of being under 200 lbs.  I will definitely film my weigh-in and post it online!

Tomorrow, I head to Seattle & Portland for my first vacation since March 2009. I really, really needed it and I almost didn't go because my moneys are so "iffy" right now, but I decided ultimately I could make it work, with some tips from friends on keeping things cheap. I've never been to either city but I hear they're just great and quite different from Chicago. I hope I don't love them too much. Stay tuned.

Neil

No comments: