Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 28: Boozing + Inconsistency

Oh my dear blog. Like so many beginner bloggers, I was good updating you early and then slowly have begun to neglect you. I will not neglect you this year. I swear.

This week began as a binge. It was not planned, but last Saturday night I drank a lot. Mind you, I went on a pub crawl, so I should have known better. I never really went on a real pub crawl before; at least one where you just walk down from bar to bar within blocks of each other. I was only planning on going to a couple of bars. Plans changed. I ended up passing out at my friend Amanda's place. Neil fail.

The good (?) news is that I didn't have a drop of beer. It was all rum+diets and vodka+Sprites. I don't know how I would've lost control that way. Odd. I would also like to note, to those who are worrying, that I very rarely drink. (This is probably another reason I ended pub crawl so poorly.) It was a rough week last week; sometimes it's just good to get plastered. Anyway, it ruined my Sunday and it was enough to keep me away from liquor the whole week.

However, it did not keep me from being social. I had social events every night this week (excluding tonight) and I was pretty good on my meals, with a few slip-ups here and there. I had a few snack wraps at McDonalds on Monday (it was the only place around and I had only had lunch that day) and I studied the nutrition menu as I ate. Conclusion: There is really nothing good for you there. Even the salads are higher in calories than they should be. The best thing you can probably have there is a 4 piece McNugget (190 cal). I had a few slices of pizza on Sunday (hangover you see). Some chili on Tuesday. A candy bar on Wednesday. These slip-ups are ruining my "guilt free meal" I'm supposed to give myself once a week! We'll see if they affected my weight loss.

I finally got some decent exercise tonight. Kicked some more ass in Wii boxing; I really think I should be boxing every night. I really work up a sweat doing it. I also lifted weights while the video processed on my computer while I edited. Was the exercise too little too late?

I guess we'll find out for the weigh in tomorrow.

Neil

5 comments:

Amy Z said...

Keep your chin up, Niel! Doesn't have to be all or nothing... just pick yourself up and move forward! You're doing great :)

Bryan said...

Hey Neil,

I just saw your Facebook blog-post about this and admittedly I still need to catch-up from Day One.

That said, keep on doing what you're doing, and don't get frustrated if you don't see results happen overnight (or over a month)!

It's worth mentioning (and remembering) that just as it took us months, years, or our entire lives to get where we are today, it can take just as long for our bodies to react to whatever changes we're making to improve them.

Eat to live, instead of living to eat. That was my motto when I started on my own path to weight loss. Feel free to hit me up through Facebook e-mail if you want to exchange stories off-the-record.

Bryan

M said...

If you want to improve the boxing workout further, you can buy weighted gloves to go with it. :)

Tart Deco said...

Like M said, weighted gloves are awesome and you can get them at Wal-mart or Target for not too much (around $15)

Neil said...

Weighted gloves?? I had no idea! I love it!!