Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 29: The Weigh In - Week 4

As I said yesterday, it was a social week. I'm always weary of being too social if I'm ever trying to watch what I eat because as you act social, you eat social (ie. you eat what everyone else is eating, which tends to be crap).

It also seemed to be a week where I was testing to see what I could get away with. I wouldn't do it too much but every so often, as I listed off yesterday, I would say, "Why not?"

STARTING WEIGHT (1/1): 254.
CURRENT WEIGHT (1/29): 240.
Weight loss this week: 4 lb.
Total weight loss: 14 lb.

Unbelievable! This was a total shock to me. But it also tells me that I'm really still watching what I'm eating. I think any bad thing I eat I really think about. I still haven't joined the Welles Park Fitness Center yet but I'm getting a little bit more exercise in because of Wii boxing and weight training at home. This seems to be working.

For those who are interested, I weighed 230 when I moved to Chicago in September 2006. I believe the lowest I weighed in the last ten years was 214. So yeah, fourteen pounds in my first month? And I'm still enjoying my eating habits (for the most part). I think that's pretty amazing.

Neil

PS-- I'm going to be cooking something new every week and blogging about it. Keep an eye out!

3 comments:

Tart Deco said...

Good for you!

shesteiny said...

Feel free to share your weekly meal with this fatty down the street!

Neil said...

I believe I am cooking tomorrow night or Monday night, Rach!